Marketing Communications Specialist
Purpose of Position: Increase awareness of and engagement with Lundstrum Performing Arts among current and prospective students, families, donors and the public through public relations, marketing, advertising and communications activities. Support Lundstrum’s vision, mission and values during daily work routine.
Scope of Position: Primary work assigned by Managing Director. Work collaboratively with artistic staff and other Lundstrum team members.
Primary Functions / Duties and Major Activities:
PR, Marketing and Communications
Identify public relations opportunities throughout the year and implement strategies to generate positive media coverage.
With supervisor, develop marketing communications campaigns for classes and donor events.
Responsible for capturing photographs and videos to be used in marketing communications.
Create high-quality, engaging content through storytelling, photography and videography. Deliverables include brochures, flyers, newsletters, print ads, and other print and electronic communications.
Manage relationships with printer and mailhouse vendors.
Design and implement online advertising campaigns, including Facebook and Instagram boosted posts, Google Adwords, and others.
Design and launch email marketing campaigns using MailChimp
Copyedit, proofread and revise communications.
Organize, track and maintain all communications and marketing-related project plans, seeking appropriate input and approvals, and archiving when complete.
With supervisor, track and maintain marketing expense budgets.
Create and maintain web pages, including campaign landing pages, using SDL Web technology.
Manage updates and maintenance of all graphic and multimedia content (animations, video, images, banners, icons, etc.).
Work with supervisor and artistic team to ensure that updated, quality content is always presented on the website.
Help to manage the localization process for new and updated web pages.
Research and implement web best practices to continuously optimize Search Engine Optimization initiatives and use Web Analytics to drive improvements.
Work closely with SDL’s web operations, inbound marketing, creative services and language services teams to ensure SDL is delivering a consistent experience across touch-points and the web experience is optimized to drive conversion.
Ensure technical issues and emergencies are handled quickly and efficiently.
Manage and update social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Maintain and grow brand awareness and online social media reputation
Develop and implement strategies for SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
Help Desk Support
- Provide support Lundstrum staff and faculty on computer, phone and technical issues.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems.
- Update and maintain all hardware and software, including installing hardware and software upgrades.
- Update and maintain all mailing lists (SSP, MailChimp, NOZ’s, etc)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Commitment to Lundstrum's mission
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency with Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with social media platforms, Squarespace and HTML preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with proficiency in grammar and proofreading.
- 2+ years prior marketing communication and IT experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong time management skills – self starter who can take direction.
- Able to communicate in a personal and professional manner
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Appreciation of the arts and their impact on young lives
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience.