Reports to: Operations Manager
Annual Schedule: Full-Time
Purpose of the Position: To accurately record and maintain all aspects of the student registration process in a timely, efficient manner. As part of dynamic and mission-driven arts organization, participate as a team member in school activities and support Lundstrum’s vision, mission and values with current and prospective students and families.
Scope of Position: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Registrar is the first point of contact for current and prospective students and families, and is responsible for all aspects of the student registration process, billing, enrollment reports, and surveys to Lundstrum students and families. The Registrar must have exceptional customer service skills and mindset, as well as highly developed organizational and database skills. The position directly supervises the daily work of part-time Front Desk and Registration Support staff.
Primary Functions / Duties and Major Activities:
- Through personal interaction, emails, and phone calls, provide timely and cheerful customer service for students and families inquiring about classes.
- Perform all phases of student registration and student record-keeping including registering new and returning students, entering information in the student database, processing requests for financial aid, and setting up payment plans.
- Schedule private lessons.
- Coordinate with Artistic Staff and Marketing Department to update and improve online registration process.
- Respond to class inquiries in a timely manner, referring and redirecting to other staff as necessary.
- Maintain Student Policy Handbook and Work with supervisor to ensure that Registration Policies and Procedures are up to date and recorded in organizational files.
Financial Aid, Billing and Student Accounts
- Process financial aid applications, working with families to ensure all documentation is received.
- Notify students and parents of financial aid awards and accurately record in student accounts.
- Process tuition and dance wear payments regularly, and prepare bank deposits in a timely manner and according to Lundstrum’s accounts receivable processes.
- Generate monthly invoices for student accounts.
- Communicate and collect on past due accounts, as needed.
- Be a positive and welcoming presence on-site to parents and students, assisting with registration duties as well as general customer service.
- Communicate dates and times of Open Houses, and arrange for placement auditions with artistic staff, as necessary.
- Organize class listings and send ongoing communication and updates to students and families via email service (Mailchimp) regarding classes and productions.
Surveys, Reporting and Administrative
- Maintain schedule and implement surveys of students/parents, compiling results and distributing to artistic and administrative staff.
- Prepare additional statistical reports as requested.
- Create, distribute, and process tickets for showcases and productions.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment organization mission, vision, and values.
- High school Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years professional experience as a program administrator or comparable experience managing a high volume of detailed information.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including face-to-face communication, phone, and electronic communication to assist students/families in a way that communicates Lundstrum’s positive, nurturing and welcoming program. Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Excellent attention to detail and computer skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, student database systems, email services such as MailChimp, and customer survey tools.
- While not required, past work experience with a non-profit or with accounting/financial records a plus.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Strong time-management skills – self starter able to take direction.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Appreciation of the arts and their impact on young lives.
- Availability during evenings and weekends required.
Past work experience in non-profit, accounting/financial records.
Please send resume with cover letter and 3 references to Joan Grathwol Olson, Managing Director, at email@example.com.